The Jordan River Arts Council is pleased to announce the Scholarship Competition for 2018.
The competition is open to junior and senior high school students in Charlevoix and Antrim Counties.
Four scholarships plus three honorable mention awards will be given. The Exhibit will take place at the Jordan River Arts Center May 13 through May 25. An Awards Reception will be from 1:00-4:00 pm on Sunday May 20. Awards will be announced at 2:00 pm. Students must be present to receive any award.
- The Betty Osborne Scholarship of $1500 is awarded to a High School Senior upon receipt of their first semester grades for continuing the study of art at college.
- The Betty Beeby Scholarship of $1000 is awarded to a High School Senior upon receipt of their first semester grades for continuing the study of art at college.
- The John R. Alberts Scholarship of $1000 is awarded to a High School Senior upon receipt of their first semester grades in college or post high school training not necessarily in the field of art.
- The JRAC Award of $750 is given to a High School Junior or Senior.
- Three Honorable Mentions of $100 are given to High School Juniors or Senior
1. Complete the online application by Monday April 9, 2018. Or mailed applications go to the address at the bottom of the page, attention Cynthia Tschudy.
2. Students must submit between 3 to 5 works of art in any medium. Size is not limited but works should be ready for hanging. Works must be original. No derivatives (copies of other artist’s work) will be accepted.
3. Please contact the Jordan River Arts Council, the art teacher at your high school, or Board Member Cynthia Tschudy for detailed instructions on how to submit your work. Each work will need to be tagged and labeled appropriately. All works are due at the Art Center Monday, May 7 between 3:00 – 5:30 pm.
Thank you for your consideration. We are planning on an outstanding exhibition.
Please contact us with any questions.Event Coordinator, Cynthia Tschudy
Jordan River Arts Council, General Information