Weaving and Wood for the Artisan Home October 13 - November 8, 2019
The Jordan River Arts Council seeks handweavers and woodworkers to participate in a juried show of functional art for the home. We invite submissions of handwoven table linens, rugs, blankets, baskets, and other home textiles as well as one-of-a-kind furniture, wood-turned bowls, trays, and other useful wood pieces. All styles are welcome as we would like to showcase a diverse selection of artisan home goods. Each artist may submit up to three pieces for consideration. Those artists selected for the exhibit will have opportunities for sales of both exhibited works and smaller items suitable for our gallery shop.
Entry forms are available there either as an interactive form for online submission or as a printable form for use in mail submissions. Entry forms are due August 14, 2019, along with photos, with notice of acceptance by September 2. Questions? Contact Linda Van Andel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Hurd (email@example.com).
- Each artist is invited to submit up to three entries.
- This is a juried show. All completed entry forms are due August 14, 2019, with notification of acceptance by September 2.
- All work must be original and executed by the artist. Collaborative pieces are welcome. Submissions should not have appeared in a previous JRAC show.
- Jurying will be done using photographs. When you submit your entry forms on the JRAC website, please also send two digital photos of each item to Julie Hurd at firstname.lastname@example.org. One photo should show the entire piece; the second may show another view or an interesting detail. Send a separate email for each art work and include your name and the name of the piece in your email.
- Work accepted for the show must be delivered to the Jordan River Arts Council October 6-7, 2019. All accepted art should be ready to display with hanging hardware on those pieces that could be hung. Rugs should have a sleeve and rod to allow hanging.
- Work may be for sale or not. JRAC will take a 30% commission on your price. All artists whose work is accepted for the show will have additional sales opportunities through JRAC’s gallery shop. Further details will be provided later.
- All works will be handled in a professional manner. Works are submitted at the owner’s risk and are covered by the owner’s insurance. JRAC’s insurance coverage is limited to fire, theft, or vandalism for materials only.
- Questions? Please contact one of the Curators: Linda Van Andel (email@example.com) or Julie Hurd (firstname.lastname@example.org).